SCREEN-L Archives

April 1992

Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1992 13:34:00 CST
>Eduardo said in his Stanley Kubrick e-mail that there was a "a showing
>of _A Clockwork Orange_ last weekend".  Where?  SCREEN-L is international.
>Does he, by any chance, have a video of Kubrick's masterpiece?

One thing Kubrick has done in the past few years is supervise the transfer
to laser disk of _A Clockwork Orange_ and _Barry Lyndon_.  If you like
_A Clockwork Orange_ the laser disk verson can't be beat. The picture looks
as good as new and its in the original aspect ratio and the sound quality
has been cleaned up.I have both the laser disk and a VHS copy and the
improvement over the video tape is great.

Chris Richard
ctr0669.tamvenus.bitnet