SCREEN-L Archives

April 1992

From:
Andrea MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1992 11:42:42 PDT

> Folks,  I'm looking for some older and some only fairly old cartoons.
> Maybe I haven't looked hard enough but one I would like to get my paws
> on is the Speed Racer cartoon series.  I believe it was done by a
> Japanese group in the 70's sometime.  Possibly even the same folks that
> produced the Battleship Yamato (Starblazers) series?  Anyhow, I've looked
> around many lists in magazines and catalogs and haven't turned anything up.
> I called some stock houses such as Desert Island Films but my phone bill
> cannot handle calling everyone so if anyone has heard of it anywhere I would
> appreciate the help.

I can't attest for whether or not these people are any good but they
advertise alot of Anime, (i.e. Japanese animation) which is what
Speed Racer falls under.

Science Fiction Continuum (800) 232-6002
Dickens by Mail (800) 228-4246

Dickens by mail specifically advertises Speed Racer. I found both of
these numbers in the magazine "Starlog"

Good Luck.

andrea