SCREEN-L Archives

March 1992

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1992 18:07:15 CST
 Sorry about the duplication!  Hit the wrong key and off the blasted
 thing went without my comment on it...

On Mon, 9 Mar 1992 14:59:47 EST <[log in to unmask]> said:
>write about male characters than female ones.  Does anyone out there
>know of research done on other fan communities -- from earlier times,
>other cultures, other genres?  Thanks

 Lisa Lewis' dissertation and then book is on the fans of female
 rock stars:  Pat Benatar, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna.  What is the
 title of her book?  Drat it, don't have it in front of me here...

 Plus, it seems like everybody in TV crit has written something
 about Madonna Wannabes...