SCREEN-L Archives

August 1991

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 1991 08:40:15 CDT
What sort of resources are available on BITNET/Internet to aid the
film/TV scholar and student?

From my own hacking around I've found listservs on film and TV, the
COMSERVE (not CompuServe) information service for communication scholars
and a rather convoluted way of accessing the Library of Congress'
on-line catalogue. What else is out there, my cyber-pals?

I've heard rumors, for instance, that the American Film Institute's
catalogue may be accessed. Anybody know how to do this? (Perhaps the
library cutbacks there will affect this anyway.) Anybody know a simple
way of accessing the Library of Congress? Are there other helpful
databases and the like?

In short, how can we film/TV scholars and students maximize this resource?

----------
      Speeds of animals (in mph):
             28 Human
              0.03 Garden snail
              1.17 Spider (Tegenaria atrica)
             30 Cat
             40 Mongolian wild ass
             70 Cheetah

| | Bitnet : JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
| | GEnie : J.BUTLER27 |
| |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |