SCREEN-L Archives

April 1991

From:
Ian Jarvie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 91 20:18:44 EST
There is something puzzling about the Kinko's case.  Here in Canada Kinko's
produces such packets, but undertakes to seek and get permission of the copy-
right holder, a process the costs of which are eased because Kinko's blanket
licences already with many journals and publishers. No such prosecutions
have come to our attention up here. yet we understand it is an international
firm and that the licensing is done through their US HQ.
icj