SCREEN-L Archives

April 1991

Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 91 20:20:00 EST
        I haven't heard of biblical allegory or modern mythology, but I did
notice that Starwars was basicly a combo of samurai, western, and world war
2 dogfighting films.  The final sequence of the film (where the medals are
being handed out) is almost an exact copy of a scene in some Nazi propaganda
film...He did that on purpose of course.  He wanted (I think) us to think
about hero worship and what it could lead to...interesting.
eyes