SCREEN-L Archives

March 1991

From:
"H. Borchers" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 91 10:05:38 +0100
To me as an American studies person with an interest in media studies
SCREEN-L is a boon. It'll help me to stay in touch, even though I
live and work in Germany. Thanks for the initiative, Jeremy Butler!

At present, I am involved in a study on US soap operas. Since I
haven't been able to follow the debate in American media studies over
the last two, three years, I'd be very grateful for tips and hints
concerning recent work and publications.

I'm particularly interested in the aspect of production analysis.
Have there been any important publications since Michael J.
Intintoli's book _Taking Soap Operas Seriously_ (1984)?

     Hans Borchers
     University of Tuebingen
     American Studies Department
     Wilhelmstrasse 50