SCREEN-L Archives

March 1991

From:
Clare Durst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 91 12:45:23 EST
Jeremy, good luck with your list.  I assume you'll get other answers
but what basically has happened at Brown is that we have a list
manager that allows us as individuals to subscribe to a whole spectrum
of various bitnet/internet lists as well as local ones, but THROUGH
the manager, so that mail comes to one place at Brown, and all of us
subscribed to the list can read it as we wish, without the phenomenon
others experience of Cluttering Up Their Reader.  Some of the lists
allow responses from individuals signed up in this way, even though
they themselves are not "subscribers" individually.  Other lists don't.
There's quite a community of e-mail and list junkies at Brown.  In fact,
if you get the Brown Alumni Monthly there's an article in a recent issue
about it!