SCREEN-L Archives

March 1991

Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 91 16:55:08 EST
amirault spills some good ink (metaphorically speaking) on the issue of
simplicity in a world such as that created by humanity. Maybe it is simple,
maybe it's not: why do people kill each other, or watch television when
they could talk to a living person right next to them, or log on to
news nets, or think themselves (as we all must, surely) as the final arbiters
of reality?
None of this is simple to me, but (no flame intended) it often is to the
ideologue and/or demagogue, who has comforted himself/herself with a construct
into which <reality> is pushed shoved slanted and crammed every which way just
so long as it fits--and this is as true of the left as it is of the right.

Back to amirault--anybody who has a Krazy Kat signature can't be all wrong...
(Was that a brick that just whizzed past??!?!?)

Cheers to all,
Jim Barnes
OIT, UNC-CH (M.O.U.S.E.....)