SCREEN-L Archives

March 1991

Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 91 20:56:00 EST
        I was told in fiction film theory why people go to horror films.
According to my prof. (and he claims to be able to back it up) people go to
horror films to relieve sexual tension.  This explains why it draws mostly
young audiences who are still trying to work out their sexual identity.
I don't understand how this works, but it is at least a potential reason.
eyes