SCREEN-L Archives

March 1991

Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 91 18:55:00 EST
        I have always thought that the term "documentary" was misleading.
I prefer the term non-fiction.  When documentary is used, it gives connotations
of presenting "the facts".  As we all know, there is bias built into every film
ever made, so the objective facts can never be revealed in a film.  In non-
fiction films, a viewpoint of an actual situation is revealed.  I think that
this termonology will help this issue.
eyes