SCREEN-L Archives

March 1991

From:
"J. D. Stahl" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 91 19:57:34 EST
I am an Associate Professor of English at Virginia Polytechnic Institute
and State University, also known as Virginia Tech.  I regularly teach the
course in Literature and Film, and also run a German Film series at the
International Centre.  I am interested in film criticism generally and in
ideas about teaching film in particular.  This fall, I'll be teaching a
course on Cross-cultural Perceptions in Literature and Film.  I plan to
show El Norte and The Mission and possible The Emerald Forest.  I would
be glad to hear from anyone what other ideas or suggestions you might
have for films that would be appropriate to the theme of the course, and
any experiences you might have had in teaching these or other films,
suggestions for research resources, etc.