SCREEN-L Archives

March 1991

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 91 21:35:30 CST
Next fall I'll be teaching 16mm for the first time in 12 years, because
our intro to filmmaking course (at the U of Alabama) is having to shift
from super-8 to 16.  (It was difficult to teach super-8 when cameras
became difficult to obtain, but it became IMPOSSIBLE to teach it when
film stock became unavailable locally.)

I'm hopelessly out of touch with contemporary texts on 16mm filmmaking.
Last time I looked Lenny Lipton's was THE book.  What are folks using
now?  I'd be interested in hearing about both books that are specific to
16mm and other, more general intros to filmmaking.

      Tout passe, tout casse, tout lasse.
      [Everything passes, everything perishes, everything palls.]
                       --French proverb

|                                      | Bitnet   :        JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
|                                      | GEnie    :           J.BUTLER27 |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |