SCREEN-L Archives

December 2020, Week 3

From:
Maria San Filippo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2020 14:08:59 -0800
In light of the semester's challenges, the deadline for this award cycle
has been extended to *January 15. *

*CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS*

The SCMS TV SIG is now accepting submissions for the second annual Graduate
Student Essay Contest. The top three essays will get extensive feedback and
suggestions for revision. The winning essay will be published in *New
Review of Film & Television Studies*, appearing in the final issue of 2021.
Submissions will go through a double-blind peer review. The winner will be
announced at the SCMS 2021 Virtual TV SIG Meeting & Social Event. We want
to thank the NRFTVS editor, Maria San Filippo, for her ongoing support of
this collaboration.

Guidelines: Authors must be registered members of the Television SIG and
graduate students for the 2020 - 2021 academic year. Essay topics may range
from across a broad spectrum of subjects related to television studies,
including but not limited to historical, industrial, technological, textual
and audience-centered research topics. They may not be previous published
work, or under review at another journal. We will accept any original work,
but it must be centrally related to television in all of its various
manifestations. Submissions should also be keeping with the Aim and Scope
of *NRFTS*, as well as use the journal's formatting guide. We recommend
visiting their website here: https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rfts20/current

Please submit essays as a Microsoft Word document to [log in to unmask] by
11:59 on January 15, 2021. Please ensure that name and contact information
is listed in your email message, and that your essay is scrubbed of any
identifying information.

Send questions to Eleanor Patterson at [log in to unmask]

--
*New Review of Film and Television Studies
<https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rfts20/current> *