SCREEN-L Archives

June 2020, Week 1

From:
Kristina Jespersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2020 17:07:32 +0000
Name: Kristina Jespersen

Email: [log in to unmask]

Category: Announcements and Queries

Subject Line: In Media Res – Exploring Law & Order

This week on In Media Res: Exploring Law & Order  (6/1-6/5)

Here is the lineup: http://mediacommons.org/imr/

Monday, June 1, 2020 – Samantha Freeman (Northwestern University) presents: Sexual Violence in Crime Dramas of the 1950s

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 –  Jonathan Nichols-Pethick (DePauw University) presents: The Counternarratives of Ava DuVernay’s When They See Us

Wednesday, June 3, 2020 – David Staton (University of Northern Colorado) presents: Dragnet and the Big Idea

Thursday, June 4, 2020 – Jocelyn Gómez (University of New Mexico) presents: Immigration in SVU

Friday, June 5, 2020 – Brian Faucette (Caldwell Community College) presents: Resisting the CSI Effect: UK TV and the Crime Series

Theme week coordinated by Geoffrey Henry (Georgia State University)

To find links for each day's posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure to "like" our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR.

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask]

Best,

The In Media Res Team