SCREEN-L Archives

February 2020, Week 2

From:
Joseph Tompkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2020 10:07:09 -0500
The latest issue of FILM CRITICISM is now online:
https://www.filmcriticismjournal.org

Issue 44.1 includes:

*Feature articles*
How to Live Together with Her (2013): Posthuman Forms of Roland Barthes’
Idiorrhythmy <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0044.101>Max Bergmann
Truth Unreconciled: Counter-Dreaming in Jeff Barnaby’s Rhymes for Young
Ghouls <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0044.102>Caitlyn P. Doyle
Encounters with the Forbidden: Satyajit Ray’s Pratidwandi and Jana Aranya
<http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0044.103>Suranjan Ganguly
Sons of God: Postwar Gender and Spirituality in Terrence Malick’s The Tree
of Life <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0044.104>Christopher Michael
Elias

Film Festival Reviews
New York Film Festival 57—Scorsese, Baumbach, Norton: A Tryptic
<http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0043.319>Martha P. Nochimson
The Extraordinary Women of the Lido: The 76th Venice International Film
Festival <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0043.315>Gerd Gemünden

Film and TV Reviews
The Apparent Puzzle of Tom Townsend and Whit Stillman’s Metropolitan
<http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0044.301>Jesse Foster-Stout
“What If They Are Just Actors Playing Roles?” Family Romance, LLC and the
Limits of Imagination <http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0043.322>Miyabi
Goto
Shell Shocked: On The Laundromat’s Welcome Abrasiveness
<http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0043.321>Ryan Sherwood
Defending Irony in the Face of the Inevitable: Jim Jarmusch and Friends
<http://dx.doi.org/10.3998/fc.13761232.0043.320>Jay Michael Hanes and
Eleanor Weisman

*Call for Papers and more about FILM CRITICISM*
We are currently seeking submissions on a rolling basis.  We are interested
in articles that engage moving-image media of all forms, including film,
television, and online video.

FC is now in its 44th year of continuous publication, making it the third
oldest academic film journal in the United States.  Our aim is to bring
together work in the field of film and media studies that foregrounds
textual criticism as a primary value. Our readership is mostly academic,
but we strive to publish material that is accessible to a broader audience
as well.

For more information about FC, please visit:

Website: http://allegheny.edu/filmcriticism

Email: [log in to unmask]

Facebook: www.facebook.com/fcjournal

Sincerely,
Co-editors: Joe Tompkins, Walter Metz, and Doyle Greene

--
<http://filmcriticism.allegheny.edu/>Assistant Professor of Communication
Arts