SCREEN-L Archives

June 2017, Week 2

From:
Carol Donelan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2017 15:59:27 -0500
The Women’s and Gender Studies program (WGST) and Cinema and Media Studies department (CAMS) at Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota, invites applications for a joint tenure-track position in LGBTQ Studies, starting September 1, 2018. The teaching load is five courses over three ten-week terms—three courses in WGST and two courses in CAMS. We are particularly interested in applicants who will strengthen the departments’ commitments to students from underrepresented groups.

We seek a dynamic teacher-scholar with a Ph.D. and a record of effectiveness in teaching undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds. Applicants should be able to articulate how their teaching and research contributes to both fields, WGST and CAMS, and how the fields contribute to each other. The ideal candidate will have expertise in areas such as queer theory, feminist theory, critical race studies, transnational genders and sexualities, and/or disability studies. The candidate will serve as an academic advisor for majors in WGST and also advise senior projects and papers in both WGST and CAMS.

To apply, please visit the Carleton College web site at jobs.carleton.edu to complete the online application by submitting a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, two sample syllabi, and contact information for three letters of recommendation by October 1, 2017. In your letter of application, please describe your preparation for teaching WGST 112 Introduction to LGBTQ Studies as well as additional courses in WGST and CAMS you would like to propose, and your experience advising undergraduate students developing advanced research or analysis papers and projects.

Carleton is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. We are committed to developing our faculty to better reflect the diversity of our student body and American society. Members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.