SCREEN-L Archives

March 2017, Week 5

From:
Johnny Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2017 11:04:17 +0000
Hi all

With apologies for cross-posting, I have the following books to review for the Journal of Popular Television:

*         Helen Wheatley, Spectacular Television: Exploring Televisual Pleasure (London: I. B. Tauris, 2016)

*         Janet K. Halfyard, Sounds of Fear and Wonder: Music in Cult TV (London, I. B. Tauris, 2016)

*         Ruth McElroy (ed.) Contemporary British Television Crime Drama: Cops on the Box (London: Routledge, 2017)

*         Milly Buonanno (ed.) Television Antiheroines: Women Behaving Badly in Crime and Prison Drama (Bristol: Intellect, 2017)

*         Tobias Hochscherf and Heidi Philipsen, Beyond the Bridge: Contemporary Danish Television Drama (London, I. B. Tauris, 2017)

Reviews are normally around 1000 words, though we also publish longer review essays (which typically incorporate reviews of two books on related areas).

Interested parties should send an email plus an academic CV to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

With best wishes

Johnny Walker

***
Dr Johnny Walker
Senior Lecturer in Media
Erasmus Lead

Department of Social Sciences
Northumbria University, Lipman 403b
Tel. (+ 44) 191 227 3920

Office hours: Mon: 10.00-11.00 / Fri: 11.30-12.30

This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any use, disclosure or reproduction without the sender's explicit consent is unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please notify Northumbria University immediately and permanently delete it. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University. The University cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and/or amended.

https://listserv.ua.edu/archives/screen-l.html