SCREEN-L Archives

August 2016, Week 3

From:
Joseph Tompkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2016 11:00:11 -0400
*Film Criticism <http://www.filmcriticismjournal.org/> *is now
accepting open-call
submissions <http://www.filmcriticismjournal.org/submit.html> for future
issues.

* Film Criticism <http://www.filmcriticismjournal.org/>*
<http://www.filmcriticismjournal.org/>is a peer-reviewed publication in its
40th year of continuous publication, making it the third oldest academic
film journal in the United States.  Our aim is to bring together the best
scholarship in the field of film and media studies in order to present work
that foregrounds textual criticism as a primary value. Our readership is
generally academic, but we strive to publish material that is accessible to
undergraduates and a broader popular audience.

We're interested in articles that engage moving-image media in the broadest
sense: film, television, online video, etc., and we're committed to
developing film and media criticism that derives from a cultural studies
tradition -- criticism that situates media texts in a political context and
recognizes the role that culture plays in reproducing, structuring and
maintaining social power relations.

For additional information, please visit:

Website: *http://allegheny.edu/filmcriticism
<http://allegheny.edu/filmcriticism>*
Facebook: *www.facebook.com/fcjournal <http://www.facebook.com/fcjournal>*
Or email: *[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*

Joe Tompkins, Editor

--
<http://filmcriticism.allegheny.edu/>Assistant Professor of Communication
Arts

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org