SCREEN-L Archives

April 2015, Week 4

From:
Krin Gabbard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2015 14:32:36 -0400
Dear Graduate Students and Professors with Promising Graduate Students,

See the attached notice.  We are looking for talented graduate students who
can complete a bibliographic essay of 75 - 100 citations for a subject in
cinema and media studies.  Grad students MUST be recommended by faculty
members before they can compete.

Oxford UP's cinema and media studies bibliography now has 200 online
article with another 100 in preparation.  But we are still looking for
people who can write on topics that have not yet been assigned.  We are
especially interested in receiving proposals for the following, but we are
also looking for original proposals for subjects that belong on our list of
topics even if we have not thought of them yet.

Adaptation, theater to film and television

Bunuel, Luis

Children's television

Coen Brothers

Edison, Thomas Alva

Essay film

Fairbanks, Douglas

Fassbinder, Rainer Werner

Flaherty, Robert

Holocaust, The

Jews and American cinema

Lang, Fritz

Opera and film

Ozu, Yasujiro

Pabst, G.W.

Potter, Sally

Powell, Michael

Radio and sound media

Ray, Satiyajit

*Sopranos, The*

Spanish cinema

Special effects

Steiner, Max

Television news and documentary

Tsai, Ming-Liang

Weerasethakul, Apichatpong
Wenders, Wim

If you have questions, please direct them to Emily Mileham:

All the best,   krin

--
Krin Gabbard
Professor Emeritus of Comparative Literature and Cultural Studies

Editor in Chief, Cinema and Media Studies
Oxford Bibliographies
www.oxfordbibliographies.com/obo/page/cinema-and-media-studies