SCREEN-L Archives

February 2015, Week 3

Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2015 07:38:27 -0800

	Dear Friends and Colleagues,

	If you are interested in Ibero American Cinema, look no further!
Apply with Spanish Film Club Grant by APRIL 1, 2015, to bring a film
festival to your campus. Grants cover between 30% and 50% of the
costs. And you will get programming advice, as well as the possibility
of scheduling a Q&A with a filmmaker. It couldn’t be easier: simply
fill out the online application form
at http://pragda.com/spanishfilmclub/application!

	Universities select a minimum of five films from a catalog of 42
titles to create a film festival on campus. Representing 21 countries,
the films have been carefully selected by a team of experts and are
backed by the most important festivals and film critics.

	New films this cycle include award-winning titles like THE LIBERATOR
(Venezuela), MR. KAPLAN (Uruguay), PARADISE (Mexico), 339 AMIN ABEL
(Dominican Republic), OPEN CAGE (Mexico), GOD’S SLAVE (Argentina),
THE CROW'S NEST (El Salvador), ASIER AND I, (Spain) BAJARI (Spain),
and I AM FROM CHILE (Chile). Other acclaimed titles include BAD HAIR
(Venezuela), CHICO & RITA (Spain), WHO IS DAYANI CRISTAL? (Mexico), 7
BOXES (Paraguay), and THE RETURN (Costa Rica).

	More than 80 universities have received the funding including Barnard
College, Johns Hopkins University, University of Maryland, UCLA, The
New School, University of Chicago, Wesleyan University, and the
University of Michigan among many others. Take a look at the complete
list at http://pragda.com/spanishfilmclub/recipients/ [1]

Professors all around the country are calling SFC “a tremendous
opportunity and gift,” “an oasis in a cultural desert,” “one
of the best things to ever happen for our community,” and “a
definite success!”

	To learn more about the program and apply to bring a SPANISH FILM
CLUB festival to your campus, visit www.spanishfilmclub.com [2].

	Daniela

	--
Daniela Bajar