SCREEN-L Archives

February 2015, Week 1

From:
Media Industries Journal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2015 16:45:33 -0600
*Media Industries Publishes Third Issue*

Visit us at mediaindustriesjournal.org
<http://www.mediaindustriesjournal.org/index.php/mij>.

Dear Friends,

We are pleased to announce that the third issue of *Media Industries* is
now online. We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that
our submission site remains open, and we are accepting manuscripts on a
rolling basis.

*About Our Third Issue*

Issue 3 is the final in a series of three issues to be published during the
last year that features essays authored by members of our esteemed
editorial board. Each of the board essays assesses the state of the field
of media industries studies and articulates a vision for the scope of the
field and the journal.

Articles featured in this third issue include:

   - On Comparison - Nitin Govil
   - The Film Festival as Industry Node - Dina Iordanova
   - Industrialization and Globalization in China's Musical Business - Shin
   Dong Kim
   - Assembling a Toolkit - Amanda D. Lotz
   - Media Work, Management, and Greed: A New Agenda? - Vicki Mayer
   - "Invisible Work" in the Indian Media Industries - Ranjani Mazumdar
   - The Discourse on Media is Dominated by Reactionary Cant - Toby Miller
   - Advertising, the Media, and Globalization - John Sinclair
   - Global, Regional, Transnational, Translocal - Joe Straubhaar
   - Where in the World is *Orphan Black*? Change and Continuity in Global
   TV Production and Distribution - Serra Tinic
   - TV, Digital, and Social TV: A Reflection - Jing Wang
   - Learning from the History of the Field - Janet Wasko

*This issue, as well previously published editorial board essays and the
submission portal, can be found at mediaindustriesjournal.org
<http://mediaindustriesjournal.org>.*

*Call for Papers*

*Media Industries* is a new peer-reviewed
<http://ec2-54-83-44-0.compute-1.amazonaws.com/ojs-2.4.0/index.php/mij/about/editorialPolicies#sectionPolicies>
, multi-media, open-access online journal that supports critical studies of
media industries and institutions worldwide. We invite contributions that
range across the full spectrum of media industries, including film,
television, internet, radio, music, publishing, electronic games,
advertising, and mobile communications. Submissions may explore these
industries individually or examine inter-medial relations between
industrial sectors. We encourage both contemporary and historical studies,
and are especially interested in contributions that draw attention to
global and international perspectives, and use innovative methodologies,
imaginative theoretical approaches, and new research directions.

We are currently seeking high-quality submissions for our second
peer-reviewed issue; for full consideration for publication in this issue,
authors are encouraged to submit their manuscripts by *April 1, 2015*.

*More About Media Industries*

The journal is maintained by a managing Editorial Collective
<http://ec2-54-83-44-0.compute-1.amazonaws.com/ojs-2.4.0/index.php/mij/about%20>
 and Editorial Board
<http://ec2-54-83-44-0.compute-1.amazonaws.com/ojs-2.4.0/index.php/mij/about%20>
 comprised of an international group of media industries scholars. For
additional information about the Board and Collective, please visit:

*Media Industries*

Website: mediaindustriesjournal.org

Email: [log in to unmask]

Facebook: facebook.com/mediaindustriesjournal

Twitter: twitter.com/mediaindjournal

Sincerely,

Amelia Arsenault (Georgia State University), Stuart Cunningham (Queensland
University of Technology), Michael Curtin (University of California, Santa
Barbara), Terry Flew (Queensland University of Technology), Anthony Fung
(Chinese University of Hong Kong), Jennifer Holt (University of California,
Santa Barbara), Paul McDonald (University of Nottingham), Brian McNair
(Queensland University of Technology), Alisa Perren (University of Texas at
Austin), and Kevin Sanson (University of California, Santa Barbara)

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org