SCREEN-L Archives

January 2015, Week 4

From:
Christine Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:13:13 -0500
A new episode of the official podcast of SCMS and Cinema Journal is
available. Don't fear the numbers! In a fascinating (and funny)
interview, we talk to Jeremy Butler about how he uses quantitative
analysis and digital tools to better understand film and television
style. Then we continue bringing you interviews with great film and
media scholars from the folks atSCMS's Fieldnotes project: this month
Thomas Waugh talks with Linda Williams about/Jump Cut/, the pornography
wars of the 1980s, and her more recent work on race and melodrama. Check
it out at http://www.aca-media.org/episode20.

https://listserv.ua.edu/archives/screen-l.html