SCREEN-L Archives

June 2012, Week 4

From:
Colleen Laird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:03:01 -0400
Proposed Panel: East Asian/Japanese Celebrity Cultures

I am looking for presenters for a panel on celebrities and star systems in
East Asian media, with an emphasis on film, television, and advertising.
Potential proposals may focus on film stars, tarento, and/or idoru
production/maintenance networks or on individual personae.

Please contact Colleen Laird ([log in to unmask]), PhD Candidate at the
University of Oregon and Lecturer in Japanese Studies at the University of
North Carolina at Greensboro.

For the sake of panel cohesion, I am particularly interested in papers
related to Japanese media industries (with an eye to contemporary figures),
but I welcome all interested inquiries regardless of geographic
specificity.  If there is a strong collection of papers across borders, I
am willing to alter the scope of the panel to accommodate.

Please send me an email with an abstract (250 words max) and a brief bio.

Thank you.
--
Colleen A. Laird
Lecturer of Japanese Studies

Ph.D. Candidate (ABD)
Japanese Film and Gender Studies
Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures
University of Oregon