SCREEN-L Archives

May 2012, Week 2

From:
Darcey West Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2012 13:35:30 +0000
This week’s In Media Res theme focus is Save Our Show Campaigns (May 14-18).

Here's the line-up:
http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/

Monday, May 14, 2012 - Maya Montanez Smukler (UCLA and The New School University) presents: Hung Out to Dry: HBO’s Cancellation Habit

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - Maria San Filippo (Wellesley College, Harvard College) presents: ‘Enlightened’ or Not?: How HBO Learned to Trust Its Viewers But Not Its Shows

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - Jennifer Porst (University of California, Los Angeles) presents: Breaking In a Formula for a Successful Network Sitcom

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - Vernon Shetley (Wellesley College) presents: Lip Service: The Greatest Glaswegian Sapphic Soap Opera Ever Made

Friday, May 18, 2012 - Stephanie Spiro (The New School University) presents: Felicia Day and The Guild: The Web Series That Saved Itself

Theme week organized by Maya Montanez Smukler and Maria San Filippo.

To receive links for each day’s posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure “like” our newly launched Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask] or email the Coordinating Editor, Alisa Perren, at [log in to unmask]

Best,
The In Media Res Team