SCREEN-L Archives

May 2012, Week 1

From:
Darcey West Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:16:52 +0000
This week’s In Media Res theme focus is Digital Media and the Auto-biographical Impulse (April 30-May 1).

Here's the line-up:
http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/

Monday, April 23, 2012 - Dara Persis Murray (Rutgers University) presents: Am I Ugly?: Female Beauty, Digital Media, and the True Me

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - Zara Dinnen (Birkbeck, University of London) presents: Pictures of Self-Portraits: Eva and Franco Mattes’ Avatar Portraits

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - Eric LeMay (Ohio University) presents: Taking Up Montaigne: The Essayist in the Digital Age

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - Lyndsey Beutin (University of Pennsylvania) presents: “I’m so angry that I made a sign”: Selfhood and Media Reflexivity in Occupy Protest Signs

Friday, April 27, 2012 - Daniel C. Faltesek (University of Iowa) presents: An Autobiography of an Autobiographic Medium

Theme week organized by Laurel Ahnert (Georgia State University).

To receive links for each day’s posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure “like” our newly launched Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask] or email the Coordinating Editor, Alisa Perren, at [log in to unmask]

Best,
The In Media Res Team

http://www.ScreenSite.org