ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

April 2012

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2012 21:58:06 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 13 April 2012:

Pete Seeger, "Banks of Marble," If I Had Hammer (Smithsonian Folkways)
Leo Kottke, "Jack Fig," 6- and 12-String Guitar (Rhino)
Spider John Koerner, "When First Unto This Country," StarGeezer (Red House)
Lou & Peter Berryman, "Cow Imagination," Cow Imagination (Cornbelt)
Mississippi John Hurt, "I'm Satisfied," The Complete Studio REcordings (Vanguard)
Samuel James, "Sunrise Blues," Songs Famed for Sorrow and Joy (Northernblues)
Mike Seeger and Peggy Seeger, "My Home's Across the Blue Ridge Mountains," Fly Down Little Bird (Appleseed)
Joules Graves, "People of the Earth Tribe," Plunge! (Rabble Rouser)
The Once, "Jack the Sailor," The Once (Borealis)
Loudon Wainwright, "White Winos," Last Man on Earth (Red House)
Greg Brown, "Jacob's Ladder," Honey in the Lion's Head (Trailer)
The Wailin' Jennys, "All the Stars," Bright Morning Stars (Red House)
Viola James, "I'm Going Home to Live with Jesus," Worried Now, Won't Be Worried Long (Alan Lomax)
Linda Thompson, "Go Home," Versatile Heart (Rounder)
Blind Faith, "Can't Find My Way Home," Blind Faith (Polydor)
Pete Seeger, "The Bells of Rhymney," Live in '65 (Appleseed)
Elizabeth Cotton, "Oh Babe, It Ain't No Lie," There is No Eye:  Music for Photographs (Smithsonian Folkways)
Lucinda Williams, "Drop Down Daddy," Ramblin' (Smithsonian Folkways)
Gina Forsyth, "Sparrows," Waterbug Anthology 7 (Waterbug)
Chris Smither, "Time Stands Still," Time Stands Still (Signature Sounds)
State Radio, "Keepsake," Peace Between Nations (Ruff Shot)
Gordon Bok, "Oh, No More," Herrings in the Bay (Timberhead)
Gillian Welch, "Orphan Girl," Revival (Almo)
Josh Ritter, "Harrisburg," Americana (Putumayo)
David Wax Museum, "Yes, Maria, Yes," Everything Is Saved (David Wax)
Los Super Seven, "Teresa," Canto (Sony)
Bayou Seco, "Ain't Gonna Work Tomorrow," Music in the Air (Zerx)
Brave Combo, "Happy Wanderer," The Rounder Records Story (Rounder)
Harvey Reid, "Sing Me a Lullaby," Dreamer or Believer (Woodpecker)
Ilene Weiss, "Answer to Come," Obliviously (Gadfly)
Buddy Thomas, "Kitty Puss," The Rounder Records Story (Rounder)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487