ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

December 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2011 21:57:46 -0600

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 30 December 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
The Stairwell Sisters, "Shuffle and Shine," Get Off Your Money (The Stairwell Sisters / Yodel-Ay-Hee)
Lou and Peter Berryman, "Resolution #9," We Don't Talk About That! (Cornbelt)
Christine Lavin and the Mistletones, "A New Year's Round," The Runaway Christmas Tree (Appleseed)
Andrew Calhoun, "A Hoosier in Paris," Shadow of a Wing (Waterbug)
Martin Simpson, "John Hardy," Righteousness and Humidity (Red House)
Loudon Wainwright, "House," Ten Songs for the New Depression (Loudon Wainwright)
Woody Guthrie, "Chisholm Trail," Buffalo Skinners (Smithsonian Folkways)
Chris Smither, "Desolation Row," Train Home (Hightone)
Nick Drake, "Time Has Told Me," Five Leaves Left (Island)
Bob Dylan, "The Times They Are A-Changin'," The Best of the Original Mono Recordings (Columbia/Legacy)
The Smothers Brothers, "Cabbage," Sibling Revelry (Rhino)
Woody Guthrie, "Hard Travelin'," Hard Travelin' (Smithsonian Folkways)
Bayou Seco, "Money Is King," 20 Years Happy in the Bewilderness (Bayou Seco)
Wade Hemsworth, "The Shining Birch Tree," Folk Songs of the Canadian North Woods (Smithsonian Folkways)
The Wailin' Jennys, "Asleep at Last," Bright Morning Stars (Red House)
John Fahey, "Auld Lang Syne," The New Possibility (Takoma)
Richard Thompson, "The Great Valerio," The Chrono Show (Beeswing)
David Massengill, "Dave Van Ronk's Last Cigar," We Will Be Together (Gadfly)
Greg Brown and Friends, "Vivid," Solid Heart (In Harmony)
Sparky and Rhonda Rucker, "Make a Change," Midnight Memories (Tremont)
Joni Mitchell, "Last Time I Saw Richard," Blue (Reprise)
Shawn Colvin, "Polaroids," Live (Nonesuch)
Iris DeMent, "Sweet is the Melody," My Life (Warners)
Bashful Mountain Broadcasters, "Boat's Up the River," Bashful Mountain Broadcasters (Old 97)
James Bryan and Carl Jones, "Long Lost Love," Two Pictures (Martin)
Susan McKeown and Lindsey Horner, "Auld Lang Syne," Through the Bitter Frost and Snow (Prime-CD)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487