ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

November 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2011 21:10:32 -0600

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 18 November 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
Dan Hicks and the Acoustic Warriors, "Barstoom Boogie," Shootin' Straight (On the Spot)
Tom Waits, "I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You," The Early Years, Vol. 2 (Bizarre/Straight)
Kate & Anna McGarrigle, "Talk To Me Of Mendocino," Kate & Anna McGarrigle (Ryko/Hannibal)
Neil Young, "Mr. Soul," Unplugged (Unplugged)
Natalie Merchant, "The Peppery Man," Leave Your Sleep (Nonesuch)
Shawn Colvin, "Nothing Like You," Live (Nonesuch)
Jackson Browne, "My Opening Farewell," Jackson Browne (Asylum)
David Grisman, Jerry Garcia, "Ain't No Bugs On Me," Not for Kids Only (Acoustic Disc)
Jody Stecher & Kate Brislin, "Willie Moore," Stay Awhile (Rounder)
Jughead, "The Hockey Song," Uncorked! (On Tap)
Pete Seeger, "Little Boxes," Headlines and Footnotes: Collection of Topical Songs (Smithsonian Folkways)
R. Crumb and the Cheap Suit Serenaders, "Fine Artiste Blues," Chasin' Rainbows (Shanachie)
Taj Mahal & Toumani Diabate, "Fanta," Kulanjan (Hannibal)
Eric von Schmidt, "Wasn't That A Mighty Storm," Rolf Cahn & Eric Von Schmidt (Folkways)
Pete Seeger, "Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is a Season)," The Bitter and the Sweet (Columbia)
The Rooftop Singers, "Walk Right In," Walk Right In! (Vanguard)
Hamilton Camp, "Get Together," Paths of Victory (Elektra)
Taj Mahal, "Take a Giant Step," Giant Step (Columbia)
Richard and Mimi Fari?a, "Reno, Nevada," Celebrations for a Grey Day (Vanguard)
The Tarriers, "The Banana Boat Song (Day-O)," Silver Threads & Golden Needles (Philips)
The Simon Sisters, "Winken, Blinken and Nod," The Simon Sisters (Lucy & Carly) (MCA)
Jesse Colin Young, "Four in the Morning," The Soul of a City Boy (Capitol)
The Brothers Four, "Greenfields," The Brothers Four (Philips)
Tim Buckley, "Once I Was," Goodbye and Hello (Vanguard)
The Even Dozen Jug Band, "Take Your Fingers Off It," The Even Dozen Jug Band (Elektra)
Jim Kweskin & the Jug Band, "Mobile Line," Jim Kweskin & the Jug Band (Vanguard)
Koerner, Ray & Glover, "Linin' Track," Blues, Rags and Hollers (Audiophile)
Joni Mitchell, "Both Sides Now," Clouds (Reprise)
Au Go-Go Singers, "Gotta Travel On," They Call Us Au Go-Go Singers (Roulette)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487