SCREEN-L Archives

March 2011, Week 1

Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2011 19:39:55 EST

POLITICAL FILM  REVIEW
P.O. Box 461267
Hollywood, CA 90046
http://www.polfilms.com

NEWSLETTER  OF THE POLITICAL FILM SOCIETY, INC.
                                    March 1,  2011
STANLEY AWARDS ARE ANNOUNCED
Political Film Society members selected the following films as the best of
2010:
·        Best film promoting consciousness of the need for DEMOCRACY: Blood
Done Sign My Name, directed by Jeb Stuart.
·        Best film exposé, bringing to light facts not generally
understood: Shake Hands with the Devil, directed by Roger Spottiswoode.
·        Best film promoting HUMAN RIGHTS: My Name Is Khan, directed by
Karan Johar.
·        Best film promoting PEACE: The Ghost Writer, directed by Roman
Polanski.
·        Best film on Hawai‘i: Princess Ka‘iulani, directed by Marc Forby.
Award certificates are to be sent to the directors of all five films.