SCREEN-L Archives

November 2010, Week 1

From:
Sherryl Vint <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:14:08 -0400
*Science Fiction Film and Television* (
http://liverpool.metapress.com/content/121631/) is seeing articles for a
special issue on biopolitics.

How do biopolitial theories of figures such as Foucault, Hardt and Negri,
Esposito and Agamben inform readings of sf? What can sf contribute to
ongoing discussions of biopolitial governance? What can sf visions of
posthumanism tell us about life under biopolitical capitalism? How can
recent work on life in/as capital, by scholars such as  Nikolas Rose,
Melinda Cooper and Kaushik Sunder Rajan, inform our readings of sf?

Submissions should be made via our website at
http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/lup-sfftv.

Any queries should be directed to the editors, Sherryl Vint (
[log in to unmask]) and Mark Bould ([log in to unmask]).

The deadline for submission to this special issue is February 15, 2011.