SCREEN-L Archives

November 2010, Week 1

Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2010 13:06:48 -0700
    does anybody else on this list find this undergraduate request
troubling?  with a simple click of a key, this kid gained access to the
research that his professor expected peter to do himself.  i believe that
encouraging this kind of behavior fosters intellectual laziness.  instead of
finding kapsis's book *at the library* and read it, now a student can just
e-mail kapsis himself and hit him up for ideas.  or even access bentley's
yet unpublished work -- and therefore unprotected by copyright.
    another example of how professors are turning into their customers'
(formerly known as students) servants.  what's next?

   gloria monti

gloria monti, ph.d.
assistant professor
radio-TV-film