SCREEN-L Archives

November 2010, Week 1

From:
Peter Longworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2010 22:54:10 +1100
Dear Frank

Thank you very much for your message.

Firstly, I sincerely apologise if I have offended
you and the other people reading this forum. I
have conducted research of my own on the essay
topic - I've been collecting journal articles
over the course of the last three-four weeks and
I am familiar with library research methods - I
do work in a library and help people to do search
the various databases / catalogues. Maybe I
should have quoted more of the work I had covered
in myinitial message to demonstrate I am not
attempting to cheat the system. My aim of using
the resource of this board wasn't too ask members
not to spend hours helping me, rather helping
direct me to articles I might not have covered, in one or two lines.

Again, if you feel I have ethically violated the
way I have gone about gathering extra research
for this assignment, I sincerely apologise to you
and the contributors who actively post and read
to this board. It was not my intention to let
people do the work for me - I can do that myself,
merely to dig a little deeper and try to locate what I haven't already found.

To the people who have been able to assist me I
would like to extend a warm thank you. I feel I
have enough extra information to extend my
arguments on the deficiency Hitchcock brings to many of his films.

Regards

Peter

http://www.ScreenSite.org