ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

October 2009

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:06:13 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 23 October 2009:

Stephan Smith, "All Together Now," Now's the Time (Rounder)
Sweet Honey in the Rock, "Rivers of Babylon," Selections 1976-1988 (Flying Fish)
Gillian Welch, "No One Knows My Name," Soul Journey (Acony)
Doc Watson, "Sing Song Kitty," Gerdes Folk City (Sugar Hill)
Linda Thompson, "Miss Murray," Fashionably Late (Rounder)
Chris Smither, "It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry," Time Stands Still (Signature Sounds)
Los Super Seven, "El Canoero," Los Super Seven (RCA/BMG)
Jonathan Edwards, "Red Light, Green Light," Rollin' Along (Strictly Country)
Guy Davis, "If You Love Somebody," You Don't Know My Mind (Red House)
Rory Block, "Gone Woman Blues," Tornado (Rounder)
Iris DeMent, "Sweet is the Melody," My Life (Warners)
Emmylou Harris, "Hobo's Lullaby," Folkways:  A Vision Shared (Columbia)
Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer, "Sleepyheads (Spencer's Song)," Pillow Full of Wishes (Rounder)
Harvey Reid, "The Train That Carried My Girl From Town," Blues & Branches (Woodpecker)
David Ferrard, "Hills of Virginia," Broken Sky (Flamingo West)
Joan Baez, "Day After Tomorrow," Day After Tomorrow (Razor & Tie)
Donovan, "Ballad of a Crystal Man," Catch the Wind (Garland)
Pete Seeger, "If I Had a Hammer," Live in '65 (Appleseed)
Woody Guthrie, "Train Breakdown," My Dusty Road (Rounder)
Laura Boosinger, "Goin' Back to Dixie," Old Time Banjo Festival (Rounder)
James Keelaghan, "Twister," House of Cards (Borealis)
Greg Brown, "Why Don't You Just Go Home," Dream City (Red House)
Loudon Wainwright, "The Swimming Song," Career Moves (Charisma)
Gordon Bok, "O Mar," Return to the Land (Folk-Legacy)
John Gorka, "Mr. Chambers," So Dark You See (Red House)
Larry Long, "Rain Is Falling," Living in a Rich Man's Wo (Atomic Theory/Stellar)
Among the Oak & Ash, "Shady Grove," Among the Oak & Ash (Verve)
Phil Ochs, "I Ain't Marching Anymore," I Ain't Marching Anymore (Hannibal)
Peter Case, "Workin' for the Enemy," Torn Again (Vanguard)
Red Mountain, "The Big Footed Man in the Sandy Lot," Throw the Old Cow Over the Fence (Whoop It Up!)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
Alabama Public Radio: WUAL/WQPR/WAPR
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org