SCREEN-L Archives

September 2009, Week 2

From:
Anne Dotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:06:26 -0500
Dear V. Britto and all,
Two things intrigued me reading your proposal: the absence of F2 and
F3, arguably the two predominant public channels, especially since you
plan on analyzing advertising, which was affected on public channels
by the Cope Law.
A few basic titles include: Media et societe (Francis Balle), La
television Francaise au jour le jour (Francois Jost) and perhaps La
nuit et l'ete (Catherine Clement).  Great sources for numbers on TV is
Mediametrie and to a lesser degree ecrans.fr.  Et biensur, l'INA est
une ressource sans pareil.
Good luck researching and writing what sounds like an exciting project!
Best,
Anne Dotter
American Studies
Lecturer