ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

June 2009

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:00:39 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 12 June 2009:

Stephan Smith, "All Together Now," Now's the Time (Rounder)
Tom Paxton, "Homebound Train," Looking for the Moon (Appleseed)
Trout Fishing in America, "Back When I Could Fly," My World (Trout)
Greg Brown, "Good Morning Coffee," If I Had Known (Red House)
Andrew Calhoun, "Deliver Me," Staring at the Sun (Waterbug)
New Golden Ring, "Angeline the Baker," Five Days Singing, Vol. II (Folk-Legacy)
Los Lobos, "Saint Behind the Glass," Live at the Fillmore (Mammoth/Hollywood)
Laura Love, "Wayfaring Stranger," Helvetica Bold (Octoroon Biography)
Emmylou Harris, "Hobo's Lullaby," Folkways:  A Vision Shared (Columbia)
Arlo Guthrie and the Dillards, "Tom Joad," Thirty-Two Cents (Rising Son)
Bob Dylan, "Canadee-I-O," Good as I been To You (Columbia)
Gob Iron, "Silicosis Blues," Death Songs for the Living (Transmit Sound/Legacy)
Eve Goldberg, "It Rains Everywhere I Go," Crossing the Water (Borealis)
Kat Eggleston, "Rain," The Only Word (Redwing)
Nick Drake, "Time Has Told Me," Five Leaves Left (Island)
Zoe Speaks, "Shady Grove," Birds Fly South (Redbird)
Bob Wills and his Country Playboys, "What's the Matter with the Mill?," Legends of Country Music: Bob Wills and his Country Playboys (Columbia/Legacy)
The Alabama Gravy Soppers, "Warm It Up to Me," The Alabama Gravy Soppers (The Alabama Gravy Soppers)
Balfa Toujours, "Octa's Two Step," Deux Voyages (Rounder)
Bad Livers, "Brand New Hat," Industry and Thrift (Sugar Hill)
Bill Morrissey, "Beulah Land," Songs of Mississippi John Hurt (Philo)
Mary Youngblood, "Within My Heart," Beneath the Raven Moon (Silverwave)
Ani DiFranco, "Waist Deep in the Big Muddy," Sowing the Seeds (Appleseed)
Cara Luft, "Down to the River," The Light Fantastic (Black Hen)
John Lee Hooker, "Baby, Please Don't Go," Singing the American Roots (Riverside)
Diane Zeigler, "Jack's Belted Galloways," These Are the Roots (Diane Zeigler)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
Alabama Public Radio: WUAL/WQPR/WAPR
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org