SCREEN-L Archives

March 2009, Week 2

From:
"Frank, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:15:26 -0400
it's possible, michelle, that early on in this thread you indicated that you were using benjamin's notion of allegory . . .  if you did i must have missed it and have responded based on a literary  [rather than philosophical] model of allegory . . . for those of us who come to these discussions from a more [narrowly] frame of reference, could you give some idea of what allegory was for benjamin

[i realize of course that summarizing benjamin is notoriously difficult, but even a few clues would be useful]

thanks

mike