SCREEN-L Archives

September 2008, Week 5

From:
Anne Dotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:47:58 -0500
Hello!
My name is Anne Dotter, PhD candidate in American studies. My
dissertation project focuses on the promotion of Hollywood films in
France. My analysis relies mainly on a comparison of posters, trailers
and made for television ads produced in the U.S. and in France.
In the perspective of producing a manuscript as thorough as possible,
I was hoping that members of the list could help me: what key
scholarly works focusing on transnational exchanges and film, film
marketing, Hollywood in France or any other aspects of this type of
study would you recommend? I am having a particularly hard time
finding works on posters (outside of pretty books like Sam Sarowitz
and others made by and for collectors) and trailers (outside of Kernan
and Hediger).
Thank you for your help!
Anne