SCREEN-L Archives

September 2008, Week 2

Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 20:21:04 -0500
Greetings,

We want to let you know that the new issue of Flow: A Critical Forum on
Television and Media Culture is available at http://flowtv.org.

This issue features columns from Jane Feuer, Aaron Delwiche, Leigh Goldstein,
and Alexander Cho .

This issue's columns in brief:

"Bravo! Stars: An Ode to Jeff, Bethenny, and Tabatha" by Jane Feuer
(http://flowtv.org/?p=1699):
A look at the making of Bravo!’s reality TV stars.

"Hey, hey, ho, ho – Video-game censorship has got to go" by Aaron Delwiche
(http://flowtv.org/?p=1692):
A discussion of the video game America’s Army and functional alternatives to
censorship.

"Soft Selling Intergenerational Intimacy on the First Season of Mad Men" by
Leigh Goldstein (http://flowtv.org/?p=1692):
Mad Men and the unmasking of society’s discomfort with representations of
childhood sexuality.

"Silence is Golden: Erasing Gay Olympic Champion Matthew Mitcham" by Alexander
Cho (http://flowtv.org/?p=1731):
An Olympic upset leads to upset gay TV viewers.

This issue also features a Call For Papers addressing the discourse surrounding
the nomination of Sarah Palin as the Republican Vice President candidate.
Submissions should be between 1000 - 1500 words, submitted no later than
September 30th, and sent to Anne Peterson at [log in to unmask]

Lastly, our editorial team has been working on creating a blogroll featuring
media-related blogs from past, present, and future Flow columnists, other
scholars, online journals, and a wide variety of other blogs addressing media
studies. If you would like to submit a blog for consideration, please email
Candice Haddad, [log in to unmask], or Jacqueline Vickery,
[log in to unmask] Take note that to see more information regarding our
blogroll you must click the arrow to the right of this issue's columns.

We look forward to your visit and encourage your comments.

Best wishes,

Flow Editorial Staff

http://www.ScreenSite.org