SCREEN-L Archives

August 2008, Week 1

From:
Lou Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:30:50 -0500
Michael Medved is the worst of something, if not the worst film critic,
that's for sure.

Seriously, though, I think it's been mentioned but can probably bear
repeating, as more and more media outlets merge, these critics affiliated
with a particular publication or network, for example, sure do bring up some
provocative issues of conflict of interest.

We have a local guy here in the Dallas area, Gary Cogill, who appears on the
local ABC-affiliate, but he actually works freelance, won't do any of the
junkets or anything, because he doesn't want to be beholden to anyone.  He's
also really very good, meaning that he almost always agrees with me!

Lou