SCREEN-L Archives

July 2008, Week 2

From:
Mikel Koven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:55:55 +0100
Dear Mike (and all)Just 'cause I'm a pedant...
PBS buy film ITV (a commercial network in the UK), not BBC - Foyle's War was
ITV, as was Prime Suspect. Ironically, A&E in the States buy BBC
productions. These narrative structural issues maybe due to the inclusion
of commercials during the broadcast of the original.
'S a funny ole world, innit.
Mikel