SCREEN-L Archives

June 2008, Week 3

Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2008 10:59:14 -0500
Greetings,

We want to let you know that the new issue of Flow: A Critical Forum on
Television and Media Culture is available at http://flowtv.org.

This issue features columns from Jane Feuer, Barbara Crow, Aaron Delwiche, and
Rochelle Rodrigo.

This issue's columns in brief:

"Why I’m Embarrassed to be a Bachelor Fan" by Jane Feuer
(http://flowtv.org/?p=1442):
The author’s critical reflection of her own spectatorship of The Bachelor

"Spectrum, auctions, airwaves and frequencies: What we can’t see and why we need
to " by Barbara Crow (http://flowtv.org/?p=1445):
A critical engagement with spectrum and what it means for us.

“’What we me worry?’ What the new media literacy movement can learn from Mad
Magazine and Wacky Packages” by Aaron Delwiche (http://flowtv.org/?p=1415):
What the new media literacy movement can learn from Mad Magazine and Wacky
Packages.

"TVS 101: Television Outside the Box" by Rochelle Rodrigo
(http://flowtv.org/?p=1429):
A discussion of teaching an “Introduction to Television” course

We look forward to your visit and encourage your comments.

Best wishes,

Flow Editorial Staff

http://www.ScreenSite.org