SCREEN-L Archives

April 2008, Week 1

From:
Anne Dotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2008 08:27:10 -0500
Have you considered Orlando, both Virginia Woolf's novel and its 1992
adaptation by Sally Potter with Tilda Swinton? There is no movement
backward in time however, but a movement forward as the character
changes gender. The consciousness of having been male remains even
after the change, which might be where you find this example
interesting. Best,
Anne Dotter

http://www.ScreenSite.org