SCREEN-L Archives

December 2007, Week 1

From:
Ken Mogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2007 03:42:32 +1100
A new group for 'advanced' discussion of the films of Alfred Hitchcock
(person and phenomenon), and related issues, has been started by me and
my co-moderator, Prof. Tony Williams, here:

The group is for teachers, critics, authors, and professional
filmmakers.  In less than two months, we've had 200 'posts'.  Already
our members include an editor of a Hitchcock annual, an editor of a film
and philosophy online journal, and the author of a book on Hitchcock
soon to be filmed!

Meanwhile, as always, I invite Screen-L members to visit my Hitchcock
website's News & Comment page on a regular basis.  Films and topics
recently discussed include NORTH BY NORTHWEST, FRENZY, THE MANXMAN, the
importance of a strong central idea, Peter Lorre, BULLDOG DRUMMOND
STRIKES BACK ...

- Ken Mogg
http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~muffin/news-home_c.html