SCREEN-L Archives

March 2007, Week 3

From:
Dennis Bingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:06:53 -0400
Hi Krin,

Big Trouble and Collateral Damage were pushed into 2002; Warners
hurriedly moved Training Day into Collateral's Sept. 28 bookings.
Gangs of New York was postponed for a year.  One of the films on your
list, Black Hawk Down, actually had its release moved up from March
2002 to Dec. 2001 in order to capitalize on a perceived market for
patriotic war films.  I keep thinking there were even more examples,
but those are the ones that I know.
--
Dennis Bingham
Associate Professor and Director of Film Studies

----