SCREEN-L Archives

February 2007, Week 3

From:
Tim Shary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 10:52:38 -0500
Heather,

    I know I sent you a longer response to this a couple weeks ago, but I
wanted to add that I recently learned that the University of Oklahoma
(Norman) actually teaches 16mm production using B&W reversal and negative,
as well as color negative, which is quite impressive in these days of
digital domination.

    Tim

Dr. Timothy Shary
Associate Professor of Screen Studies
Traina Center for the Arts
Clark University
Worcester, MA  01610
508-793-7285

on 2/16/07 1:01 PM, Heather Addison at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> I teach beginning 16mm production, and I'd like to get a sense of how
> many institutions/instructors still shoot and/or edit on 16mm?  I'm
> particularly interested in editing on film--and the pedagogical
> reasons for/against it.
>
> Thanks in advance for any responses.
>
> Heather Addison
>
> Heather Addison, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor
> School of Communication
> Western Michigan University
> Kalamazoo, MI  49008-5318
> e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
> phone:  (269) 387-2901
> fax:  (269) 387-3990
>
> "I've wrestled with reality for years...and I'm happy...I finally won
> out over it."  --James Stewart as Elwood P. Dowd in HARVEY (1950)
>

> ----
> Online resources for film/TV studies may be found at ScreenSite
> http://www.ScreenSite.org

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org