SCREEN-L Archives

December 2006, Week 4

From:
Robert Keser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 14:13:44 -0600
This book, I believe is "Reel Facts: The Movie Book of Records" by
Cobbett
Steinberg (Vintage paper, 1982). Among much other useful historical
information, it lists the annual top moneymaking films (without dollar
earnings), as determined by Motion Picture Herald, Motion Picture Daily
and Film Daily for the years 1930 to 1946, followed by the top twenty
earners (with dollar amounts) for 1947 to 1980 as reported by Variety.
This volume is the handiest resource I've run across for such
statistics.

--Robert Keser