SCREEN-L Archives

September 2006, Week 1

From:
Scott Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:44:53 -0400
Good Day,

I'm trying to view two German titles directed by Josef von Baky, but
haven't had luck locating them in the Domestic US. Likely they don't reside
on these shores, but I thought I'd check with you all. MIC didn't yield
anything for me, but if you have even a fourth generation betamax dub, I'm
interested!
Contact me off list: [log in to unmask]

The films are:

und uber uns der Himmel" [And Above Us the Sky] (Josef von Baky, 1947)
also released in the USA in 47 as City of Torment.

"Der Ruf" [The Last Illusion] (Josef von Baky, 49)

Thanks,
Scott Higgins
Assistant Professor of Film Studies
Wesleyan University