SCREEN-L Archives

August 2006, Week 1

From:
Melis Behlil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:15:15 +0300
I'm not sure about availability on netflix; but in addition to some of the
films already mentioned, I have used the following (mostly on DVD - although
possibly region 2) and found them to be quite useful.

*Man Bites Dog** *(R. Belvaux-A. Bonzel, 1992)

*2 ou 3 Choses que je sais d'elle *(J.-L. Godard, 1966)

*Battle of Algiers *(G. Pontecorvo, 1965)

*Borom Sarret** *(O. Sembene, 1966)

*Top Gun** *(T. Scott, 1986)

*The Celluloid Closet* (R. Epstein-J. Friedman, 1995)

for discussions of utopia / dystopia and ideology:

*The Matrix** *(L. Wachowski-A. Wachowski, 1999)

*Demolition Man *(M. Brambilla, 1993)

*Fahrenheit 451 *(F. Truffaut, 1966)

*Starship Troopers* (P. Verhoeven, 1997)

Melis Behlil.