SCREEN-L Archives

May 2006, Week 4

From:
Marty Norden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 22:42:36 -0400
* Apologies for cross-postings *

Hello, all.  I am the book review editor for the _Journal of Popular Film
and Television_ and have accumulated quite a few books in need of
reviewers.  The titles currently available for review may be found at this
web address:

http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~norden/jpftbooks.html

If you would be interested in writing a 750-1000 word review of any one of
these books, please e-mail me a BRIEF statement of your qualifications and
interests (no CVs or resumes, please!) and the postal address to which I
should send the book.  Since more than one person might "claim" a book, it
would be best if you sent me a rank-ordered list (1 = top choice) of three
or four books.  I will do my best to match you up with a suitable text.

Here are some answers to Frequently Asked Questions:  The deadline is
typically 45 days after you receive the book from me but can be adjusted
somewhat to suit your schedule.  You may e-mail your review to me either
as a MS Word attachment or as text within the body of an e-mail message.
Yes, you keep the book.  No, you do not get paid.  No, we do not accept
previously published reviews, including ones posted on the web.  If you
have a book already in hand that you believe would be "review-worthy" for
the _JPFT_, please check with me before you begin.  More information about
_JPFT_ book reviews (formatting, etc.) may be found at this address:

http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~norden/jpft.html

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

best wishes,
Marty Norden
          Martin F. Norden
  OO      Communication Dept., 409 Machmer Hall     [log in to unmask]
  [_]<|   University of Massachusetts-Amherst       fax: 413 545-6399
  /|\     Amherst, MA  01003-9278      USA          vox: 413 545-0598
	        Home page: http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~norden